Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Character Interview with Caitlyn and Eric from True Colors

The True Colors Blog Tour is running this week with Enticing Journeys Book Promotions and to celebrate how excited I am, I thought it'd be cool to do an interview with Caitlyn and Eric.

******

Thanks for joining us today Caitlyn and Eric, why don't you start by telling us a little about yourselves.
Caitlyn: Well, I'm a senior at Palisades Charter High School.
Eric: I'm a freshman at UCLA. I like to surf, hike, rock climb. Give me anything that involves outdoor sport and I'm pretty happy.

How about you Caitlyn? What do you like doing?
Caitlyn: I'm pretty boring actually. I'm one of those people that's happy to go with the flow, so whatever my friends are doing, I'm cool with it. I do enjoy surfing, but I'm not as confident in the water as my brothers and I doubt I'd be able to keep up with Eric.

So, how long have you guys been dating?
Eric: (gives a coy smile) It's still pretty new.

Tell us the story. How'd you get together?
Caitlyn: Well, we're next door neighbors and Eric kinda helped me out when I, um, got into some trouble and things just went from there. Although (she blushes), I had a mammoth crush on him since the first time I saw him, but he wouldn't talk to me.
Eric: (chuckling) Yeah, she kind of grew on me slowly, but once I caught a glimpse of that sweet soul of hers, I couldn't look away. She's caught me now.

And Caitlyn, what kind of trouble were you referring to?
Caitlyn: I have a specific gift that helps me see things that other people don't. Sometimes I see things I can't ignore and I'm compelled to do something about it. Funnily enough, this can get me into hot water sometimes.

Sounds dangerous, is this a regular occurrence for you?
Caitlyn: I try not to make it one, but dangerous things can often be hiding behind a veil and it's not until you peel that layer back that you start to see just how deep something goes.

You're being very cryptic. Care to elaborate more?
Caitlyn: You know how your parents always told you to be careful of strangers and that sometimes the people who look nice and innocent can actually be the evil ones? Yeah, well, they were telling you the truth. A friendly smile can hide a thousand secrets.

But you can see those secrets?
Eric: No-one can hide from Caity. She sees the real deal every time.

I guess people need to watch their step around you then?
Caitlyn (laughing): That's why I don't tell people. I'd have no friends at all if they knew what I could see. There's safety in secrets, but you can't lie to me. I'll know.

That's a pretty powerful gift to have, how do you feel about it?
Caitlyn: It's tough. I don't necessarily want to see all the things I see, but on the flip side, I guess it gives me a chance to really help people and that feels good too.

Do you wish you had a different power?
Caitlyn: (laughing) I guess if I absolutely had to have a power, this one isn't too bad. In all honesty, I'd rather have nothing. Life would be much easier that way, but I have to accept this gift. Fighting it only leads to frustration. (She gives Eric a knowing look.)

Do you find it difficult being in a relationship like this, Eric?
Eric: No. I have nothing to hide from Caity. (He looks at her and winks) Although she knows how to scare the crap out of me...especially when she runs off to fix something without telling me. 
Caitlyn: (blushing) It's a bad habit I'm trying to rectify.

Well, I guess if we want to unravel some more, we need to check out your story...True Colors.

Caitlyn: That's the one.
Eric: There's a blog tour running at the moment too. You should check it out to enter the giveaway and see what other readers thought about our story.

******

Couldn't help that little promo at the end ;o)
So there's a little more from Cailtyn and Eric. I really hope you enjoy the blog tour. Next week I'll be running a True Colors quiz and giveaway, if you're up for a little fun :D

2 comments: