Friday, February 7, 2014

Good Stuff To Know

I haven't done one of these posts in a really long time and I apologize. Life keeps catching up with me and this is one of the things I had to drop. However, I am hoping to do it a little more this year, because I know how helpful it can be.

So - what have I discovered this year that has been really helpful to me?

First off, I want to highlight Indies Unlimited. There are SO many helpful posts on this site and they are popping up faster than I can keep up with them. It is a great place to check in on a daily or weekly basis depending on how much time you have. You can subscribe to a daily updates email, which I find really helpful.

Are You Targeting The Wrong Readers? by Gary Korisko
Here is a really honest on article on how to hit the right kind of readers for your work. What's the point of writing your masterpiece if the right people can't find it? There are 7 helpful tips at the end too!

Book Marketing Predictions for 2014 by Mike Lowndes
I always love book marketing prediction posts. I read a few in January and I liked this one the best...and also this one by Bob Mayer - Ten Publishing Predictions for 2014.

An Explanation of the Criteria by Awesome Indies
This post was pointed out to me by a writer friend of mine, Leigh K. Hunt. It is a really LONG post, so make sure you have some time up your sleeve, or save it to read later. It is WORTH IT. This post is packed full of awesome tips on writing collected from various experts in the field. There's SO much good stuff on editing, story structure, character development. It's simply brilliant. Thank you Awesome Indies for putting it together. There is a wealth of information here that any author can benefit from.

So that's me for this time around. If you have any other helpful posts you've stumbled across this year, please mention them in the comments below.

Have a great February everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment