Friday, February 14, 2014

Fun Friday - Be Mine


Yay! I love FUN FRIDAY. Today all the YA Storytellers are going to share romantic excerpts from our books. The perfect posts for Valentine's Day. Get ready to swoon ;D

True Colors is due coming out THIS SUNDAY! Sweet! So in honor of that, I have chosen an excerpt from my upcoming novel.


   Eric drank me in as he leaned towards me, his lips cresting with a smile.
   I couldn’t believe it. I mean I seriously could not believe it.
   Eric Shore!
   My teeth brushed over my lower lip as I quelled the urge to bust out with nervous giggles. “I never thought a guy like you would be interested in me.” My voice trailed off as his lips hovered before mine.
   “Well, Caity Davis, you thought wrong.”
   His warm, breathy words were followed by two tender lips. They pressed against mine, soft, sweet and magical. There was nothing hungry and demanding about it, just a warm kiss that sent my brain cells spinning to Pluto. Closing my eyes, I melted into the kiss, running my fingers around the nape of his neck and into the back of his hair.
   I couldn’t believe this was actually happening to me. Eric Shore was kissing me. Not my idea. His!
   His tongue skimmed along my bottom lip. It felt natural to respond, to let him in, so I deepened the kiss, the pleasure of his tongue against mine sending shivers down the back of my legs. I wanted to pull him on top of me, to feel his weight pressing me into the beanbag, but I’d never be that bold. Not with him. I didn’t want to come across as some hungry slut. His hands stayed on my face, his thumbs gently running up my jaw before he pulled away and leant his forehead against mine.

   He didn’t say anything, just looked at me with those dancing eyes. I grinned back, that giddy feeling winning the giggle battle. I let out a breathy laugh.

And this is why I love Valentine's Day, because we get to celebrate love. There's nothing like the magic of a couple's first kiss.

Enjoy reading the other Storytellers excerpts. I know I will :D - FUN FRIDAY

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment