Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Blog Update and I Know Lucy Teaser....

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, my life is about to get even more hectic for the next few months. I have three book releases planned - April, May and June. It is going to be FULL ON!!!
Because of this, I'm going to cut back on my blogging. I'll still keep my YAlicious blog going, because I just love being able to highlight other authors and run weekly giveaways, but for this blog, I'm going to cut it back to once a week. So from now until the end of summer, I'll only be blogging on a Tuesday (except for the special occasions like cover reveals and release days of course :D)

A couple of days ago, I posted on Facebook to ask people what types of things they liked to read on author's blogs. I got a bunch of ideas and I'm going to try and cover the topics you guys suggested. Thanks for helping me out. I'm super excited about some upcoming posts!

For today, I wanted to highlight my next release - I Know Lucy.

Lucy Tate is on the run. After witnessing the brutal murder of her parents, she's spent five years in hiding -- taking on different personas and faking her way through life. The authorities can't be trusted, so she remains in the shadows, always one beat ahead of the man who is forever hunting her. That is, until she meets Zach Schultz, a senior at Monte Vista High and the one guy she can’t bear to leave. Suddenly her natural instincts to lie, steal, and run are overshadowed by something else...the desire to stay. It’s her one shot at a normal life.

Curious by nature, Zach is immediately drawn to the new girl at school. How can a person look both confident and vulnerable all in the same moment? Determined to learn more about her, he tries to get close, but is thrown into a world of lies and confusion. The only thing that becomes apparent is that discovering the truth may get him killed.


The cover reveal is March 20th. 
If you'd like to help me flash the cover around on the day, please sign up at this link: IKL COVER REVEAL.

The release day is April 20th and the second book, Set Me Free will be out just one month later on May 18th. These two books are closely tied together and I didn't want to leave readers waiting to find out what will happen.

There are going to be some pretty fun things happening in the lead-up to the IKL Release, but for now, here's a little excerpt from Zach - my gorgeous MC.

I'm not usually a sap, I swear. My friends give me grief that I'm always attracted to girls with big issues. Like somehow I can solve all their problems or something. I don't think that's it. I think sometimes you just see a girl and something about her captures you.
She was walking towards me. Mr. Simmons, Dean of Students, was talking her ear off as they headed down the corridor. He was no doubt rabbiting on about all the school could offer and how she would enjoy the rest of her year here at Monte Vista High. She was nodding, feigning interest. I could tell.
Her blue eyes were perfect, not too big and round, just gorgeous ovals that gazed up at Mr. Simmons with slight tension. Who wasn't tense on their first day of school? But there was a quiet confidence in the way she held herself. Her shoulders were back, her pointed chin up. She nodded and looked the dean straight in the eye when she did it.
She wasn't afraid to be here. She looked determined and focussed.
That was appealing in itself, but there was something else about her too. A mystery.
I could taste it.
She glanced at me as she walked past, her eyes touching mine. I grinned and her lips twitched. Not a smile, but her gaze warmed for a second as she hustled past.
I turned to watch her go, I couldn't help it.
Her paradox enticed me.
She was like an ethereal waif, if there can be such a thing. Strength and fragility all blended into one. An intense need to figure the girl out embedded itself in my chest.
Rubbing my forehead with a slight frown, I turned towards homeroom.
When it came to girls I was a fool. I wouldn't deny it. My track record sucked, but maybe this time it would be different. I wouldn't label it love at first sight or anything, but intrigue. Yeah that's it - intrigue at first sight. That girl, whoever she was, had captured me...and it had only taken a glimpse.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds great!! And I totally understand on cutting back. My blogs are all about my release now too. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really Good Melissa! Excited to read it!!

    ReplyDelete