Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Time For Reflection

After every big event, I always think it's good to take a moment to reflect on your hard work.

The True Colors Masquerade Ball was a huge success thanks to the amazing authors who participated and the enthusiastic fans who just made it so much fun. I came away exhausted and elated all at the same time. It was a very creative and epic way to launch a book into the world.

I'm so glad I took the time to get super organized before it started. The event ran like clockwork and although it was pretty full on, I was never stressed out. Involving other authors was a great way to cross promote and I highly recommend supporting each other in a release endeavor. It felt so good being able to shine the light on other people's work, while highlighting my own at the same time.

Would I do it again?

Yeah - I probably would, but not in a hurry. It was really time consuming and took a lot out of me. Expenses for giveaways, etc. add up too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so, so happy True Colors got this kind of introduction! One day I'll do something big like this again and I'll enjoy it just as much, but for my next book, I'm thinking of doing something just a touch quieter :D

Have you ever been involved in a big online event before?
What do you like about them?
How effective do you think they are?

I'd love to hear your thoughts - both readers and writers :)






2 comments: