Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I'm Back and Raring to Go!

The last two weeks has shown me the importance of taking a break. Feeling weary at the end of 2013, I enjoyed a relaxing Christmas and New Year with my family and am now launching into 2014 with fresh energy. I am so excited and wanted to share with you my writing plans for this year. I actually have a bunch of other plans this year too, but for this particular post, I'll just let you know about the books I have planned. I'll tell you about the other stuff in tomorrow's Indie Life Post - "Taking Every Opportunity."

So - as far as writing goes, I have six books planned, four of which will be published by Evatopia Press.

True Colors, The Masks Series #1 is coming out on February 16th and we're kicking it off with a big party.


There are going to giveaways, competitions, author appearances...a whole bunch of fun. Plus, all party-goers will be able to purchase a copy of True Colors for only 99c!
I'd love for you to join me. Here's the event link: TRUE COLORS MASQUERADE BALL.

My second and third books, that I'm hoping to release in the first half of this year, are the I Know Lucy Series. I have had so much fun working on this series. I Know Lucy is already written and I just started the 1st draft of Set Me Free yesterday. I always say that I fall for my characters as I write and I really do, but this bunch have nestled into my heart and I can't wait for you to meet them.

My summer release this year is going to be the start of a Contemporary Romance Series - The Songbird Series. They will all be stand alone novels. I am branching away from YA for these particular books. I guess you could label them NA, but they are going to be clean enough for YA readers to still enjoy. Although it will be written about older characters in their early-mid twenties, I still hope my YA readers will be able to enjoy these stories. At this stage I'm planning on writing one Songbird book a year, but I may up that to two next year - I'll see what else I'm squeezing in :)

For the rest of 2014, I want to work my way through books 2 - 4 of The Masks Series, I don't like to leave readers waiting too long. This will probably end up taking me through until January 2015. And then for Valentine's Day, 2015 - I'm hoping to release a very sweet, poignant story that has been close to my heart for years. I don't know why I've been sitting on it for so long, but I need to get it out. I was going to write it earlier on, but I thought a Valentine's Day release would be perfect for this particular tale.

So that's what I'm up to this year. How about you?
How many books are you hoping to get through this year - either reading or writing?
If you're a writer, what have you got coming out next?
I'd love to hear your news :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to get cracking and finish off this thriller I'm currently writing. I'll also be doing cover design work and all that jazz, working the Evil Day Job, and writing another book in amongst it all. Also - I think I set my goodreads goal to either 30 or 35 books to be read this year - already read my way through two - so making a good start!
    I would also quite like to publish at least one book this year - preferably two. So... all in all, it's gonna be a wonderful but busy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Those goals are awesome! I can't wait to see them come to fruition :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! Can't wait for all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I cannot wait to read your new books coming out, you always write amazing novels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice. You're the best. I love how much you love my work xxx

      Delete