Monday, June 3, 2013

Unknown Character Intros - The Three Main Characters

Unknown is due out in less than two weeks. Eeeppp!!!

I'm super excited about this series. It's my first try at epic fantasy so it's been a challenging project to work on, but so much fun.

Over the next week and a bit, I thought I'd do a little extra blogging and introduce you to some of the characters.

During the planning stages, I spent some time finding images of actors that looked like the characters in my head. I know everyone sees characters differently, but I've had these images on my wall the whole time I've been writing and by the end of the trilogy, I was picturing the characters as these people.

Today I want to introduce you to the three MCs - Kyla, Jethro and Athra.

Princess Kyla of Taramon is a feisty girl. She hates being a princess and despises the idea of one day having to be queen. She longs for adventure and to explore every corner of the earth. She feels trapped inside the castle, under the scrutiny of her mother. Her father, one of the only people to truly understand her, died when she was young. It was a crushing blow. She is an able fighter, brilliant with a bow and if she could have been born a boy, she would have been the happiest person alive. She is betrothed to Athra.

Jethro is Athra's cousin and used to be Kyla's best friend. When he learned of their betrothal he was heart broken. Unable to explain his true feelings to Kyla, he crept away from the friendship and things have never been the same. He has been raised to believe in the God of Light. He has a true heart, a healthy serving of courage and like Kyla, longs to explore the farthest reaches of the earth. Having been secretly trained by his father, he is a very capable fighter. His sense of humour has helped him through many tough times and his loyalty to the people he loves is unbreakable.

Athra is the future king of Taramon and absolutely loves that idea. He is passionate about the city and the people within it. He is a natural leader and longs to free the city from the oppressive darkness. He likes to do what is right, but can also be extremely stubborn. He cares deeply for people and loves Kyla, in spite of her un-lady-like antics. He has already mapped out their future together and longs for the day they will marry.

So there you have it, three main characters that I have grown to love. Each of them have a very long journey to walk throughout this trilogy and I have loved watching them grow and develop throughout their harrowing experiences. Don't worry, for those of you rolling your eyes that this is another love triangle, it really doesn't fit the typical love triangle bill - you'll have to read it to see what I mean ;-)

If you'd like to add Unknown to your reading list, here is the Goodreads link.

Tomorrow I'll introduce you to some more citizens of Taramon.

11 comments:

  1. The pictures are very similar to the ones I had in my mind when I read your story. I like all three of these guys, and I really can't pick who she will end up with, I like Athra and Jethro just as much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. They are both really good guys :) It's cool that you pictured them this way.

      Can't wait to share the rest of the stories with you :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love your cast, Melissa! I can totally see them in the 'movie' version! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D Wouldn't that be a dream come true.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous characters. I like them all, really like Jethro, even though Athra is a hunk. Just want the "underdog" to win the girl. Guess we'll see how they go and what they learn in the course of the trilogy. Best of luck with it and hope it sells great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great eye candy :-) almost exactly how I picture them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool :D I have certainly enjoyed writing having images of these guys in mind :)

      Delete
  5. I can't decide which is better Athra or Jethro. I think I would need to read the book to decide. Both sound like great handsome leading characters. I look forward to finding out which would hold the key to my heart!

    ReplyDelete