Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Good Stuff To Know - April Edition

Time for another helpful tips post. Once again, I have been so busy writing that I don't have that much to share, but I still have a few small things I've picked up this month.

One - I read a great book about Writing Fight Scenes by Rayne Hall. There were so many great tips in the book and I really liked the way the author laid it out. I wish there was a paperback version, because I would definitely add it to my collection and use it as a reference book.

Two - a friend of mine, who also happens to be a fantastic writer (Carl Sinclair), recommended this site to me. These are a series of lectures by the legendary Brandon Sanderson on his website: Write About Dragons. He's really easy to listen to and makes some awesome points on writing.

Three - I was interviewed by Bill Thompson. He interviews a variety of authors and was so lovely to chat to. I think it is a great way to gain a little exposure and I was very excited to chat to him. The interview is on his website: The Bookcast.

Have you come across any helpful resources this month?
Feel free to share them in the comments section.


2 comments:

  1. Gosh is it a whole month since your last post about good stuff to know?? Time is flying by so fast!!
    I'm off to check out these sites now :D
    Thanks Melissa!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The year is TOTALLY flying. I hope you find these resources useful!

      Delete