Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Good Stuff To Know

Welcome to the March edition of Good Stuff To Know.

Because I've been holed up in my writing cave over the last few weeks, I haven't found as many articles as I usually do, but I still found some I'd really like to share.

My favourite article this month is by Mark Coker. He shared his opinion on the 5 Steps to Boost E-book Sales. I totally agreed with his opinions and thought it was an excellent post... well worth reading.

In no way am I a Twitter genius, so when I found this article - Top 10 Ways To Create Hashtags on Twitter - I jumped all over it. There are some good points here. I haven't put them into practice yet, but I plan to.

I wrote an article on Indies Unlimited last month sharing about how important I think it is to write the stories inside you and not just follow the trends of publishing. Bookshelf Muse published a similar post some time ago now. Because I think theirs was far better written, I'm going to share their version of the same message :-D Lengthening the Chain

And lastly - I have just started reading an excellent book that my friend recommended to me. Thanks Leigh K. Hunt!! 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love by Rachel Aaron. I'm only half way through it, but the author is making a lot of sense. Her advice is really easy to implement and I tried out one strategy yesterday with much success. For only $0.99, I'd say this book is definitely worth having on your e-reader.

That's me for March. Do you have any helpful tips or articles you've discovered? Feel free to share them in the comments section.

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you found it helpful :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the mention, Melissa!I just popped back from that first link, and the advice is completely solid and honest. I have heard a lot about the 2K to 10K book too...will check it out. :)

    Have a great week! Off I go to check the rest of these out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so stopping by, Angela. I often mention Bookmuse, because you guys always have such awesome things to share. So thank you!!

      Have a good week too.

      Delete
  3. Those are useful links - thanks for sharing them Melissa! You have a good week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by, Chris. You have a good week too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 2k to 10k book- it makes a lot of sense and its kinda motivating for me too! I'm reading it right this minute lol
    Going to check out the rest of your links! Thanks hun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really great book and very motivating. Thanks for checking out the post, Tee :)

      Delete
  6. I'm SO Pleased that you have benefitted from the 2k-10k writing advice. She's a fantastic writer, and everything she says just makes so much sense!
    And you're right - at 99c, this book is a must have for any writer - seasoned or not. It's brilliant advice - and really gets back to basics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always look forward to this post every month (is it really a whole month since the last one??!!) and as usual, the advice/links are extremely useful, so thanks Melissa!
    :D xx

    ReplyDelete