Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Good Stuff To Know - January 2013

Hey everyone. Yay, my first "Good Stuff To Know" post of the year. How completely cool.
I have a nice little list for you today. I hope you can find something useful within it.

Jodie Renner Editing put together a great post listing a bunch of excellent resources for writers. There is a long list of helpful books here plus a couple of "must read" articles for aspiring authors.

Once again, The Bookshelf Muse (I love these guys!) has put out another great post. This one is called, What Makes A Strong Author's Visit - A Teacher's Perspective. Being a teacher myself, I found it really interesting and I thought there were some great points here. If you do have the opportunity to ever do author visits or public speaking, this article is worth a read.

The lovely, Suzy Turner, led me to this post - The Ultimate Complete Final Social Media Sizing Cheat Sheet. It gives you dimensions for all the different social media sites. An excellent resource for you to refer to.

I stumbled across this blog post through Indies Unlimited and I wanted to share it, because I thought it was really interesting. Aaron Patterson shared his publishing predictions for 2013. His message at the end - "Just keep writing" is why I wanted to share this post. He's got a really good point.

I've decided to sign up to be part of The Indelibles: Indie Life monthly blog hop. I missed the January one, but come February I will share my first post (the 2nd Wednesday of every month). At this stage there are 30 blogs involved and I think it's a great way to share information and learn from each other.

Indie Book Bargains is a UK site that I subscribe to. I get daily emails with current bargains and I find it really interesting to skim through and see what's out there. They have just completed their 2012 Book Awards. I thought there might be a title or two in there that interests you. Oh yeah - and Betwixt won Best YA!!! Sorry - just had to share. Super excited!

That's me for this month. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for more helpful links and resources to share in February. If you have any you'd like to add in the comments section, please feel free.

11 comments:

  1. Hey thanks so much for the mention, and more importantly, for linking to all this awesome. I love Jodie & that Social media sizing cheat sheet is great! Thanks for sharing these finds!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :) Thanks for stopping by, Angela :) I'm glad you found some helpful things here :)

      Delete
  2. Great info. I'm heading over to read the stuff on author's visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good :) I'm glad you have found it useful :)
      Thanks for visiting, Rebecca :)

      Delete
  3. Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of
    hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?
    Here is my page ... lobster mania blackjack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi every one, here every one is sharing such familiarity,
    so it's good to read this website, and I used to visit this weblog all the time.
    Also visit my blog best online slot machines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I believe your blog could possibly be having web browser compatibility issues.
    When I take a look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however when opening
    in IE, it has some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to provide you with
    a quick heads up! Other than that, excellent website!
    Look at my web-site - real online blackjack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
    I'm planning to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost
    on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform
    like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices
    out there that I'm totally overwhelmed .. Any ideas? Appreciate it!
    My weblog ; money online free

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I do believe this is a great site. I stumbledupon it ;) I am going to come back once again since I book marked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to
    guide other people.
    Feel free to surf my webpage affiliate marketing definition

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?

    I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
    Feel free to visit my page - wicked winnings slot machine

    ReplyDelete
  9. My relatives always say that I am wasting my time here
    at web, except I know I am getting experience all the time by reading such fastidious articles.
    Stop by my webpage ... real ways to make money online

    ReplyDelete