Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Facebook Groups - What They Can Do For You.

I belong to several Facebook Groups. I was a little unsure when I first started out on Facebook and kind of fell into a couple of groups without meaning to. Initially, I don't think I took advantage of them at all.

However, after nearly a year of actively using Facebook, I'm getting a handle on groups and am SO grateful to belong to them.

Due to time constraints and writing deadlines, I can't participate regularly in every group, but there are four that have become very precious to me and here are the reasons why...

1. They provide me with a place to ask questions, vent my concerns, celebrate my successes and feel supported in a job that can sometimes be quite lonely.

2. I have learned so many cool things about the publishing industry, gleaned helpful tips on how to market successfully and how to write better.

3. Reading comment threads on interesting questions or topics has helped me to evaluate my own writing journey and given me ideas on how I can tweak and improve my work.

4. My writing groups help me promote my work, vote for my books on Goodreads lists, like my book pages and generally help me get word out about any new releases or giveaways I have going on.

5. Belonging to these groups gives me the opportunity to give a little back. I love being able to support and promote other writers. I love feeling part of a group and knowing that I am doing my part to help them in their journey as well.

If you are a writer and you don't belong to any decent groups or networks yet, seek some out. Or you could form one of your own with a few contacts you know. It's great to be part of a team and makes the process of writing and producing books a million times better.

To my precious Facebook groups (Inklings, IU, II, SSoFIYA), thank you so much for your awesome support and friendship. I love and appreciate you all so much xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment