Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 Resolutions

YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts on what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.

The dawning of a new year often brings on a bunch on new resolutions. Whether we follow them through or not, it feels good to set them. It makes us feel motivated, inspired and ready to start a new year with fresh enthusiasm.

We are making some changes to the Indie Carnival this year, which is really exciting. I'm so pumped about 2013. It's going to be a year of YA Indie awesomeness! Bring it on!

I have a few resolutions for this year. 

My writing goals are to:

Write and publish four books...

Unknown (Elements Trilogy #1 - June)
Unseen (Elements Trilogy #2 - September)
Unleashed (Elements Trilogy #3 - December)

Forbidden Waters (Mica and Lexy Series #2 - release date to be decided)

My marketing goals are to:
Launch my new website (currently under construction) - www.melissapearlauthor.com
Help promote other indie authors and work with each other to spread the word about our books
Increase my social media followings and build up my newsletter subscribers

My reading goals are to:
Read 12 books. I know that doesn't sound like many, but writing takes up most of my free time. I feel like a-book-a-month is attainable for me.

If you'd like to find out what the other indie goers have planned for this year, then you can check out their sites below.

And you can also check out the YA Author Club for the latest updates and news on what we're all up to.

1.Laura A. H. Elliott2.Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3.T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series4.Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga
5.Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog6.K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed
7.Gwenn Wright, author of Filter8.Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
9.Ella James10.Maureen Murrish
11.YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings12.A Little Bit of R&R
13.Melissa Pearl14.Terah Edun - YA Fantasy


4 comments:

  1. YA AUTHOR KLUBB?
    Germany now got Ricky Berlin and " Betowers".
    Has to do with HATOSO and DANADELAMAR .
    But don't forget Brisbane , too.
    They got the dogs.
    They got CC - COCTO- SSE.
    Which means they got MASESRA and NEWT GINGRICH .
    And CONNIE MACK.
    But don't take it from me!
    Take it from SUMMERS- CARSON- THOMAS.
    And Melody Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made some AWESOME resolutions here Melissa and I'm sure you'll follow them all through! Best of luck!
    You know where I am whenever you need to tell the world about your news!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzy. You're awesome :) I tried to pop over to your site the other day to see what yours were, but my computer wouldn't let me. I'll go check it out now.

      Thanks for being such a great support.

      xx

      Delete
  3. I do not know if it's just me or if everybody else experiencing issues with your blog. It seems like some of the text on your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a problem with my web browser because I've had this
    happen previously. Kudos
    My webpage ... kid nfl jerseys

    ReplyDelete