Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Good Stuff To Know

Once again, I have accumulated a bunch of awesome stuff to share with you :)

I found a great post on How To Tweet So People Will Listen by Nina Badzin. It included some great, easy to follow, tips on how to use Twitter more effectively.

I read a great guest post on Morgen Bailey's Writing Blog about Why You Should Enter Writing Competitions by Ben Skinner. I thought he made some really great points.

The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award is currently open for entries until January 14th. So if you're looking for a free competition, then this might be the one for you.

I found quite an inspiring post by Ashley Barron about following your dreams when it comes to writing. It's called: Money, Self-Publishing, and Marketing Plans. I really liked what she had to say.

Thanks to Yvonne Hertzberger's awesome Tuesday Tutorial on Indies Unlimited, I discovered a great site called, Bublish.com. It's a place where you can leave excerpts from your novels and then write a little description about why you wrote the passage or what it means to you. You can check out one of my bubbles here.

And speaking of Tuesday Tutorials - Indies Unlimited has published a book of the tutorials. It is an excellent resource and definitely worth checking out. Tutorials and Tools for Prospering in a Digital World.

I have read some great books this month, one that I loved was Valor by Taylor Longford. I rated it 5-stars. It's currently FREE on Amazon, so I thought I'd let you know about it. If you're looking for a paranormal romance with a unique twist, then this will be perfect for you.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the information. I'm looking forward to checking out all the links you provided.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I hope you find them helpful :)

      Delete
  2. Great links! I"m going to check out the twitter post. I love twitter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I learn about Twitter, the more I like it :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Melissa! There's some really useful into here! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Suzy. I'm really enjoying doing this monthly post. There is so much awesome stuff out there. It's great to be able to share it around.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely! Here's one for your next 'edition':
    http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2012/11/12/final-social-media-sizing-cheat-sheet/

    (saw it this morning!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Suzy! Thanks so much :) I will definitely use it in my January post :)

      Delete