Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas for Authors Treasure Hunt

It is very fun to be involved with such an awesome event. Jodie and Derinda are amazing women and I want to take a moment to thank them publicly for all they do for the writing community. We love you ladies. Keep up the amazing work!!

If you'd like to know more about this super cool event, you can check out the Christmas For Authors Facebook Page.

Okay - so for this game you need to find my hidden word in the text below, which you then add to the rafflecopter giveaway. This hunt is so worth taking the time to participate in. The prize is AMAZING!!



To find my word, you just need to extract the bolded letters from the text and make them into the word.

In honour of the Betwixt blog tour, which starts today, I have chosen an excerpt from the book.


"I stand in frozen shock as I listen to the door click closed behind them.
Breathing in through my nose, I approach the door with shaky steps. My arm is quivering as I reach for the door handle.
My fingers pass through the metal.
"No."
It feels weird. Like, beyond weird. Not hard like metal should be... or cold, it's just... nothing. I feel nothing.
A sharp pain shoots through my brain and I let out a cry. I clutch my head and drop to the floor, squeezing my eyes shut. The corridor begins to spin. I open my eyes as the walls rush towards me. My lungs fill with a scream of terror before everything goes black."

All you have to do to enter is type the word into the Rafflecopter below.

Please Note: Seeing as though the magnitude of this prize is HUGE, we are making it so only people dedicated enough to play along every day will have a chance to win. Only complete entries will be accepted. By complete, we mean that each day will need to be completed with the correct word from each link. Partial entries will not be accepted. I am sure authors would love a 'like' to their page for their effort while you are visiting. Good luck and thank you for playing!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


6 comments:

  1. New follower through GFC as lucyatmax/no pic...I can be found and followed at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com . Would like to play along, but somewhat spacey these days...but I'll try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Beth :) I'll go check out your blog now.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I think I've got the right words although some appear to be a short phrase, lol.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa I can't seem to find any of the "words" that are in the authors pages on FB. Is it meant to be their "highlighted" or "CAPITAL" letters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - they should be highlighted or in capital letters - nice and obvious. If you're having any troubles, make sure you leave a note on the Christmas for Authors Facebook Page so the organisers can help you out :)

      Good luck :)

      Delete