Friday, December 7, 2012

A Personal Ad For A Character I Love

YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts on what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.

Today the Indie Carnival is having fun creating personal ads for characters from books they have enjoyed. I am actually going to choose a character from the book I am currently reading. I only have about four chapters to go so I feel like I know her pretty well. So, I would like to introduce you guys to....

MacKenzie from Valor by Taylor Longford

High school student from Grove Pine, Colorado. She is intelligent and kind with the courage of a lion. Owns a dog called, Hooligan. Has a shock of red hair that is not only stunning, but could mean she's actually a witch. Oh yeah... and she's in love with a gargoyle named Valor!!!

Even though I have not finished this story yet, I highly recommend it. It has been keeping me up late into the night and I cannot wait until my boys go to bed so I can finish reading it tonight!!
NB: Valor if currently listed for FREE.

If you'd like to read some more personal ads then follow the links below.

Next week: we are running a Christmas Giveaway, so be sure to stay tuned for that. There are some awesome prizes!


And you can also check out the YA Author Club for the latest updates and news on what we're all up to.

1.Laura A. H. Elliott2.Bryna Butler, author Midnight Guardian series
3.T. R. Graves, Author of The Warrior Series4.Suzy Turner, author of The Raven Saga
5.Rachel Coles, author of Into The Ruins, geek mom blog6.K. C. Blake, author of Vampires Rule and Crushed
7.Gwenn Wright, author of Filter8.Liz Long | Just another writer on the loose.
9.Ella James10.Maureen Murrish
11.YA Sci Fi Author's Ramblings12.A Little Bit of R&R
13.Melissa Pearl14.Terah Edun - YA Fantasy

4 comments:

  1. Oooh sounds like my kinda book! On your recommendation, I've just been and downloaded a copy!! Thanks Melissa! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks, Suzy. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it. I just finished it last night. It was very satisfying, I'm planning on buying book 2 - Dare - this morning.

      Delete
  2. Great post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject?
    I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Bless you!
    Feel free to surf my webpage best work from home jobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya great blog! Does running a blog like this take a lot of work?
    I've absolutely no expertise in computer programming but I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyhow, if you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject however I just needed to ask. Cheers!
    Here is my website ... ways to make money online fast

    ReplyDelete