Tuesday, November 6, 2012

So Many Things To Tell You!

Well, November is finally here, so it's time for my monthly progress report.

October went by in a flurry of activity. To celebrate Golden Blood's birthday, I listed it for free. This brought the book into the spotlight and it was great to see so much activity happening around the trilogy. It is such a buzz to see something you worked on for so long entice so many readers. I'm so glad you have been enjoying the books.

Golden Blood turned one on November 4th so I have decided to continue the celebrations and keep the book FREE, on all sites, for another month.

November has been the cause for another celebration - the release of Betwixt!! I feel like it has taken forever to get here, but finally I can share this book with you. It has been such a privilege to work on this project and the support of, and response to, this book has been overwhelming. Thank you to all my reviewers, I'm so glad you loved the book and have been willing to tell everybody about it as well.

I wanted Betwixt to be an emotional story that explored the effects tragedy can  have on people's lives and the healing power of unconditional love and forgiveness, but I didn't want to bog the story down so that reader's came away depressed either. Finding that mix of humour and sorrow seemed to come quite easily and it makes me wonder if this story was meant to be written all along.

If you haven't read it yet, I really hope you enjoy it :-)

The book can be purchased on any of the Amazon stores or on Smashwords. It will also be available on Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Apple and Sony very soon.

For every copy of Betwixt sold, $1 will be donated to Love146 - a charity fighting against child sex trafficking and exploitation.

A Tale of Many Reviews is hosting an awesome-sauce blog tour for me from the 3rd - 8th of December. So keep an eye out for that :-)

So November has started with a hiss and a roar, but I have no intention of slowing down. The rest of the month holds lots of goodies for me. The two major ones are:

1. YAlicious blog. Brenda and I are making some changes to the blog and are hoping to host many amazing authors, spotlight some fantastic books and get some good discussions going. I'll keep you posted on progress, but so far for this month I have lined up a couple of author visits, a book review, a movie review and hopefully a visit from a book reviewer.

2. My new fantasy trilogy. I am now in the first draft stage of Book One - tentatively entitled - Unknown. My goal is to have it finished by Christmas. Hopefully I can pull that off :-) I've had so much fun planning out the story and creating the world. It is going to be a challenging project, but it's good to test your skills every now and then, right?

Thank you so much for everyone who is joining me on my writing journey. I love being able to share all this cool stuff with you.

I have just started up a Book Updates Newsletter as well, so if you'd like to sign up, you'll receive a bi-monthly update on where my books are up to and what specials or giveaways I have going on. Follow the link below to sign up.
Melissa Pearl's Book Updates




4 comments:

  1. You're as busy as I. More! LOL
    Go, girl!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. Yes - life is definitely keeping me on my toes :-)

      Delete
  2. You've certainly been busy, Melissa! Congrats on the release of Betwixt and your first book's birthday!
    I found that giving my first book away free worked wonders to my sales... it's a great loss leader.
    I love the name of your YA blog, YAlicious... that's just genius!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Suzy :)
      I'm glad you like YAlicious. We'd love to have you post as a guest sometime.

      Delete