Monday, November 12, 2012

Good Stuff To Know

For those of you who missed it, I have started up a monthly post including all the awesome links and articles I've read throughout the month. October's was full of some goodies if you'd like to check it out here.

I have SO many this month, that I may save up some for December... although I'm sure I'll have a ton more by then too. People are full of such fantastic information and I love being able to share it around.

So, in no particular order, I came across:

- The 30 Day Platform Challenge by Robert Lee Brewer. This is a challenge that will help you build your platform by performing one quick, simple task each day. I am working my through it... not in 30 Days, but I try to do 2 or 3 a week. Some of the things I already have set up, but I'm learning new tricks along the way. I'm finding it really helpful.

- 77 Ways to Find New Readers by Laura Pepper Wu. I bought the e-book and it took me about an hour to get through. It is jam packed full of awesome ideas on expanding your audience. Most of the tasks are very easy to implement and will definitely open doors to new readers along the way. I highly recommend this book.

- Here's another little article I found on Duolit. Again, quick and easy to implement - 31 Book Marketing Ideas You Can Use Today.

- YA Author, Elana Johnson, has started a blog post series on how to write a trilogy. Here is the first part for you - Writing A Trilogy, Part One: Book One.

- I found a great little blog post on The Masquerade Crew - How To Become A Multi-Talented Writer, which I thought had some excellent advice.

I'll stick with those for November. I don't want to overload people with too much information :-)
I am planning another post soon with a list of recommended reading on how to write well. Having run the Author-fest last month on the YAlicious blog, I now have a very long list of great books that people might want to check out.

Keep your eyes peeled for that post later this month :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you find these articles and tips as helpful as I did.


4 comments:

  1. Love these posts, Melissa. Keep 'em coming! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I'll definitely try out some of those marketing tips. And I will have to check out your October post...I think I missed that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it helpful, Meghan :)

      Delete