Friday, November 23, 2012
2012 - Things I'm Grateful For
YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts on what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.
Yay for Thanksgiving!! We don't celebrate it in NZ, but it's always so well advertised that we all know about it... and it always gets me thinking.
At Indie Carnival we thought this would be a great chance to mentions some of the highlights from our year and the things we are grateful for.
I have a wonderful life and find myself with a million things to be thankful for, so I'll just stick with the writing related ones in this post.
2012 has been an amazing year for me. I have released three books - Pure Blood (#3 Time Spirit Trilogy), Forbidden Territory (#1 Mica and Lexy Series) and Betwixt.
I am so grateful for...
- every person who has purchased these books. You guys are helping me write my next book... and my next... and my next.
- everyone who took the time to review the book or tell me what they thought about it. I so appreciate all your support, enthusiasm and honesty.
- the marketing & writing lessons I've learned throughout the year. I have come so far and learned so much. I know I have a long way to go still, but I'm definitely a better writer than I was last year. Long may I be able to say that :-)
- the fun I've had putting these books together. I love writing. I just love it!!
YAlicious blog. Also my graphic designer. I love you, chick :-)
- ZealousDesign, the website that distributes my books for me in New Zealand.
- the schools I've been invited to visit and the awesome kids I've met. Some of them even wanted my signature. How cool is that?!
- librarians!!! I have met so many of you this year and I think you are all wonderful. Your passion for reading and sharing books with the younger generations is awesome. I have so appreciated your support and enthusiasm.
- the amazing people I've met and connected with through Twitter and Facebook. There are so many cool writers and bloggers out there who love to support indies. I have enjoyed building friendships with you and helping to support your careers as well. The writing world rocks!! Squee!
- Inklings - my writing group that I can go to about anything and they always understand. I love you girls.
- Indies Unlimited - another amazing group that has given me so many opportunities this year. I have learned so much from all of you and I love being a part of this awesome team.
- YA Indie Carnival. You guys are an amazing bunch of writers and I am so honoured to be associated with you. Tina & Laura - I have to give you special mention. You have done the most amazing job with this group and I so appreciate your time and effort.
- the coming year. I have four books planned for 2013, plus the launch of my own website. Excitement!!! There is so much to look forward to and on the days I feel low, I just need to think of all the things I mentioned above and all the cool things that await me in the future and I can do nothing but smile.
If you'd like to find out what the other carnival goers are grateful for, you can follow the link below.
And you can also check out the YA Author Club for the latest updates and news on what we're all up to.
NB: We are taking next week off, so there will be no Friday post from me on the 30th :-)