Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Good Stuff To Know

I've decided to start a monthly post about all the helpful things I've spotted or stumbled across through Facebook, Twitter and blog reading.

Sometimes it's nice to have tips condensed into one place and that's what this post is all about.

So - for the month of September, here are some of the helpful things I discovered...

Magic Monday Tip from Laura Pepper Wu. I subscribe to a weekly e-mail which delivers me a really helpful marketing tip. So far, they have been awesome. Short, sweet and easy to implement. You can sign up here, under FREE CONTENT - http://www.30daybooks.com/

Tuesday Tutorial on Indies Unlimited. Every Tuesday Indies Unlimited posts a tutorial about something useful for indie writers. The next day, they tend to hold some sort of Like-fest. I find both of these things so helpful. I have learned so many great tips that are once again easy to follow and implement. Being involved with the follow-up Like-fests has led me to some fantastic connections. You can subscribe to Indies Unlimited here, under Subscribe at the top of the page - http://www.indiesunlimited.com/

Here is a great article about Time Management when using Twitter. I have just signed up to Commun.it and I think it will be awesome. Here's the article link: Time Managing Twitter with Commun.it by Jim Devitt

I stumbled across a great book the other day and purchased it immediately, it's all about character emotions and how to portray these in a variety of ways that are unique and compelling. It's available in paperback and e-book. Here's the link: The Emotion Thesaurus by Becca Puglisi and Angela Ackerman.

Melissa Maygrove does a grammar tip on her blog every Monday. I'm not the world's best at grammar so I find this kind of thing really helpful. You can check out her blog here: http://melissamaygrove.blogspot.com/

That's all from me for today. I'll be collecting articles and resources throughout the month of October and be back with more goodies in early November.

If you have any helpful tips you'd like to share, please feel free to share them in the comments section :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the mention! :)

    Hmm. For Twitter: I like Hootsuite's free version for everyday stuff and Tweepi.com for mass-managing. Tweetchat.com is good if you want an app that can handle a fast-paced chat.

    If you think The Emotion Thesaurus is good, you should check out their blog - The Bookshelf Muse (http://thebookshelfmuse.blogspot.com/) They have weather and setting thesauri that are out of this world - free - right there on their site.

    Super post, Melissa! I love helpful links, and it's awesome when they're all in one place. Great idea for a series! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments. I will definitely check out the blog. That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete