Monday, October 29, 2012

Betwixt - Dale Interviews Nicole

As a reader, I love reading character interviews. I think they are so much fun and give you a great idea of what the characters are like. If you ask the right questions, you can also find out things about the characters that aren't necessarily in the book.

For fun, I thought it'd be cool to have Dale interview Nicole. That way you can get to know them both a little better. Be warned, these two can bicker up a storm. I hope they make you smile as much as they always make me laugh.

So here goes...

Dale: Okay, so first question... what's your favourite food?
Nicole: Really? That's the first question?
Dale: Yeah, what's wrong with it?
Nicole: I don't know, it just feels like a stupid question to start with. I mean, what food I like? Who cares.
Dale: Look, I didn't write the question, would you just answer it.
Nicole: Okay, fine... uh, blueberries. I like blueberries... actually, blueberry anything is good.
Dale: Hmmm - I always picked you for a chocolate girl.
Nicole: What are saying, that I look like I eat a lot of chocolate?
Dale: No! Of course not. Just forget it. Next question. What's your favourite subject?
Nicole: Dance, I guess.
Dale: No it's not.
Nicole: Yes it is... how would you know anyway?
Dale: Nicole, you don't love dance, you only do it because your friends do. Come on, they're not even going to be reading this interview, just tell the truth.
Nicole: Alright. I like graphics and design.
Dale: Why?
Nicole: I'm interested in art. I like creative things... including dancing, by the way.
Dale: I never said you didn't like it, I said it wasn't your favourite.
Nicole: Next question.
Dale: What kind of music do you like?
Nicole: You promise my friends won't be reading this?
Dale: Promise.
Nicole: Okay, well there's this band from the 90s - Granite. They were this heavy metal, glam rock, kinda band. A mix between Bon Jovi and Def Leppard. I love their stuff.
Dale: (grinning) That's my girl.
Nicole: Your girl?
Dale: No, well, I mean... you know, not... it's just an expression. I like Granite too, okay. I was just saying you have good taste.
Nicole: Oh, okay. Cool. (she nods while studying her nail polish).
Dale: How long does it take you to get ready to go out?
Nicole: That is so not one of the questions.
Dale: Yes it is.
Nicole: No it's not.
Dale: Look, does it even matter? It's a good question.
Nicole: It's a pathetic question. Why do you even want to know that?
Dale: I don't know, in case I ever give you a ride somewhere, or something.
Nicole: (bites back a grin) I like to look nice, but I also hate being late, so just make sure you give me plenty of warning.
Dale: How much warning?
Nicole: An hour... maybe two.
Dale: Two? Two hours? What are you doing in that time?
Nicole: Getting ready.
Dale: Why is it so important to you to look perfect?
Nicole: Because people notice me, whether I want them to or not.
Dale: You don't have to do anything extra, you know. You're... well, I mean, you're... you already know you're gorgeous, so just don't worry about... well, you don't have to go the extra mile or anything.
Nicole: (grinning) A little tongue tied, champ?
Dale: You're pretty! With or without make up and nice clothes and stuff. I'm sure you look just as gorgeous getting out of bed in the morning as you do now.
Nicole: You think I'm pretty?
Dale: Everybody thinks your pretty.
Nicole: How long does it take you to get ready to go out?
Dale: Including a shower?
Nicole: (nods)
Dale: Ten minutes.

* * * * *

I hope you enjoyed getting to know these two a little more. I find their relationship adorable. This was a very light hearted snap shot, wait until you get to the good stuff in the book. I feel my insides turning to putty just thinking about it.

If you'd like to enter the draw to win a digital copy of Betwixt, you can do so below.
Thanks for joining the party. It is so cool to have you here.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Melissa :) I had fun putting it together.

      Delete
  2. That was awesome!!!! <3 Man, this book is going to BLOW PEOPLE AWAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your enthusiasm for this book. You are the best, Tamara :)

      Delete