Friday, September 14, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - My Writing Space


 YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts on what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.

This week is a fun one. We get to share where we spend our writing time. I actually have two spaces thanks to the dodgy internet connection in our house.


My favourite place to work is at my desk as I have everything I need at my finger tips. Having just moved, I haven't had a chance to set up my quotes yet, but usually my walls are plastered with inspiring quotes, poems I love and my writing goals for the year. We are renting so I'm not sure I can do that here. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get this stuff up around me. Any suggestions are most welcome.

The other space I work when my internet connection isn't playing fair, is out in my dining room. I have to say, it is a bright, spacious place to work in, so I shouldn't really complain.



If you'd like to see where other authors spend their time, check out the blog links below.
And don't forget to check out the YA Indie Carnival site for all the latest updates.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

5 comments:

  1. I love your desk, that's so cute! I write on my laptop too and your idea to raise it up and attach a separate keyboard is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a really sore neck and shoulders from writing, so I find having the computer a little higher gives me better posture. It doesn't take long for me to start slumping again though :)

      When I'm doing intense writing sessions, I set my watch timer for 20 mins and put it on the other side of the room. It forces me to get up and stretch, because it won't stop beeping until I switch it off. It works really well.

      Did you get sore shoulders? I'm sure it's an ailment of most writers :)

      Delete
  2. What a neat idea for a blog hop!
    I want my own writing space. *twists toe on carpet and pouts*
    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha :)

      My writing space is actually in the corner of my bedroom. I have dreams of one day working in a room that's all mine where the walls are covered with shelves of books and there's a massive reading chair in the corner, super comfy and plush :)

      Delete
  3. I have learned so much in the past lot of years. It took me nine before I felt my work was worthy of publishing.

    ReplyDelete