Friday, September 28, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - Do You Audiobook?


YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts on what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.

Today we're discussing audio-books. To be honest - I don't have much experience with this. I've tried listening to books on CD before and it soon became apparent that I'm a visual learner. I need to see something with my eyes or I just tune out. 

However, I know plenty of people who love audiobooks. My brother is case in point. He used to listen to books as he drove through rush hour to work. I know many authors are starting to look at getting their books made into audio books. I think it's a great idea. I have investigated briefly, but the site I found is only open to the USA. I will keep my ears and eyes open for other options in the future, but for now, people are going to have to read my work :)

Are you an audiobook person? 
Do you prefer listening to or reading a book?
If you're a writer - have you made your books into audios? Is it worth it?

If you'd like to find out what the other carni goers have done, check out the links below.

And don't forget to check out the YA Indie Carnival site for all the latest updates.


2 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely an audiobook fanatic. Rush hour traffic would not be tolerable without them. :)

    ReplyDelete