Wednesday, August 29, 2012

So Many Things To Tell You!!

Well, it's time for my monthly progress report. I usually do this at the very beginning of the month, but since I missed August 1st - due to flying to China! - I'm going to do one today :)

As many of you know, August has been a quiet month for me. With shifting the family to China, I thought it was best to pull back from social media and writing commitments. Getting settled in China has had its ups and downs, but we are slowly finding out feet and I've been really pleased to get back into writing much faster than I thought I would.

So - this is where I am at...

- Betwixt is now edited, and formatted, up to an Advanced Readers Copy point. I have four proof readers helping me catch any line edit errors. The book is set in California, so I also have an American friend who is going to be checking that the text doesn't house any kiwisms that I may have missed :)

- Because I am ahead of schedule, I have moved the release date of Betwixt, forward to November 5th. This will give the book time to filter down through all the sale channels and it will be available for purchase everywhere for Christmas.

- I have spent the last couple of weeks rounding up reviewers and have been delighted to find out that some of them have read the book already... not only that, they have absolutely loved it. Needless to say, it has been an encouraging week :)

- A Tale of Many Reviews is also hosting a blog tour for me in December. If you are a book blogger and would like to sign up for it, you can follow this link... Betwixt Blog Tour.

- The cover is good to go and I will be sharing that with you next week. I know some of you have already seen it, but for those of you who haven't yet... excitement!!

- I have also finished the book trailer for Betwixt. I'm not quite sure when to reveal that. At this stage, I'm thinking October, so you'll just have to wait and see. I'm really happy with how it's come out. Hopefully it'll hit the mark and make people want to read the book.

- The last piece of exciting news I'd like to share is that I had a brain explosion about three weeks ago and from it a new trilogy has emerged. It is a YA Fantasy Romance series. I've never come up with anything like it before, but I am so excited that I've decided to shift my other planned books and make 2013 the year of the Elements Trilogy. It'll be a ton of work, but I say... bring it on!

So that's me for August. September will be all about planning this new trilogy and working on marketing stuff for Betwixt.

What are you up to?
I'd love to find out where you are at in your writing/reading/blogging journey :)

6 comments:

  1. How exciting!! I love that you have a new idea and I can't wait to see it brought to life :-) The rest of this year (and next!) sound pretty full on and exciting. I can't wait til Betwixt comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited about Betwixt as well. Bring on November!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a whole new trilogy idea, just like that. Fantastic! Looking forward to Betwixt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Tara. Can't wait for you to read Betwixt as well :)

      Delete
  4. Way to go,Melissa. I'm impressed. So how do you get reviewers before the publish date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been sending out review requests telling them I have Advanced Reader Copies available. As soon as the book goes live online, I send them the link and they post the reviews straight away. It just means the book has a healthy amount of opinions up early on in its life :)

      Delete