Monday, June 4, 2012

So Many Things To Tell You!!!

Hey everyone :)

Welcome to the June addition of So Many Things To Tell You!!!

My May highlights were...


- Visiting a couple of the local high schools and talking to their book clubs and classes of students. They were very responsive and positive, asking great questions and showing such enthusiasm. A couple of weeks later I found out some of the teachers were reading Golden Blood aloud to their students as a shared class novel. That totally made my day!!

- Brenda and I put together a little LIKE-athon to promote our new Mica & Lexy Series Faceboook Page. We got a great response and were able to giveaway some really fun prizes.

- I also put together a book trailer for Forbidden Territory, which I absolutely love doing.

- The last big highlight for May was participating in the Taste Test Blog Tour. It was so fun highlighting all the authors involved and once again being able to hand out some really fun prizes :)

So what does June hold for me?


- Well it started out with my birthday present - a writing weekend away. I stayed at a hotel in town for two nights and wrote my little butt off. I managed to get through about 30,000 words of Betwixt. I'm feeling pretty shattered now, but it was worth it :)

- I also had the very cool opportunity of selling books with my friend T. G. Ayer at the NZ unCONventional Sci Fi and Fantasy convention. It was really cool meeting new people and making connections. We chatted with Trudi Canavan for a while too. She is such a sweet heart... and makes really great hot chocolate!!

- Next weekend I have a planning day with Brenda, so we can map out our next Mica & Lexy book - Forbidden Waters. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with her for the day. Writing with my bestie has to be one of my favourite things to do!!

- Later on in June I am going to be speaking to the Auckland Chapter of the School Librarians Association. They want me to talk about digital publishing and my experiences with that. I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure I'll be fine once I get talking :)

So - that's me for now.
What have you been up to?


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Melissa! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It looks like you've got a lot of great things in store this month. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha :)

      Yeah - I'm really looking forward to this month. So many good things in store :)

      Delete