Friday, May 25, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - Location, Location, Location

YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts on what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.


I'm taking a break from the Taste Tester Blog Tour to keep my regular YA Indie Carnival slot. I just love doing these too much to give it up for a week :)


This week's topic is super fun too! Location - where do I like to set my stories? I didn't have to think about this for long, when I look through my database of stories and think about the ones I've already written, there is a very common thread... nature.


I love the outdoors, so setting my stories in a beautiful forest or on a sprawling ranch or on a sandy white beach, is something I LOVE to do... particularly forests. 


For me, forests add an entirely new element to a story. They can be dark and scary, light and beautiful, quiet and eerie or filled with bird's song. You are able to do so much in that environment. There are so many pitfalls and things that can go wrong in a forest and that's why I love putting my characters in them.


How about you?
Where do you like your characters to live out their stories?


To find out what the other carni's think, you can check out the links below.



Also - don't forget to check out the latest news on the YA Indie Carnival Blog.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.

2 comments:

  1. I love outdoor settings too! Just like in your new book Forbidden Territory! That just adds to the suspense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of Forbidden Territory when I was composing this post :) I love the setting for that book!

      Brenda and I hiked a track similar to the one in the book - not quite so isolated though :) I know I boast, but New Zealand is SUCH a beautiful country :)

      Delete