Thursday, May 31, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - Listopia Demystified

YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts on what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.


It's funny that we are talking about Listopia today. I just spent a few minutes yesterday explaining what it was to someone. If you don't know - Listopia is a range of lists created on Goodreads. It helps readers browse for books in a specific genre or style. It's a very cool asset for both readers and writers.


I think Listopia is awesome. It's a great way to stumble across books you've never heard of before. It's also a great way to promote authors or books you think are fantastic.


When I was browsing in prep for this post, I was delighted to find Golden Blood has been added to "Most Eye Catching Cover of 2012"!! Wohoo!!! It totally made my day because I stressed over the cover for HOURS and to have it make a list like that was such a buzz :) All the work and effort we put in has paid off. (It's currently sitting on #91, so if you like my cover and want to vote for me - feel free :))


So - what lists do I look for if I'm browsing and what lists do I want my books on?


To be honest - those answers are probably the same.
I love YA Romance - so anything along those lines is pretty cool. I also look at the yearly release lists so I can keep an eye on what's coming up.


The lists I'm most excited to have my books on are:


Check out what other Indie Carnival goers think about Listopia by clicking the links below.



Also - don't forget to check out the latest news on the YA Indie Carnival Blog.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.


4 comments:

  1. So happy that Golden Blood made the Listopia "Most Eye Catching Cover of 2012" Woot!!! Congrats. I agree I think the lists are a great place to find awesome new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, first time visitor stopping by to say hello. Congrats! on the milestone. This is one more achievement you can use to promote your book. good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephen :)

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete