Friday, March 23, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - Hunger Games: District Indie

YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts, hopes and dreams about what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.

I'm so excited about writing this post. It's such a brilliant idea! Today we have to choose characters from books we've written or read who would kick butt in the Hunger Games. How cool is that?

You all know who I'm going to choose, right? 
Of course I have to choose them!



Gemma Hart for sure, would physically rule in the Hunger Games. She is a good fighter, fast, strong, intelligent. Her only weakness would be her kind heart. She would really struggle to compete in a competition where innocent people were hurt. She's the kind of person that would probably take the bullet rather than seeing someone else go down. In saying that, if someone she cared about was in the arena, she would do whatever it took to protect them.


The next competitor I have to pick is Gemma's brother, Dominic. He would be a force to be reckoned with. He is big, strong, powerful and doesn't have the same hesitations as Gemma. I think the odds would be ever in his favour :)


I'm writing this with shivers running down my spine. I don't like the idea of my characters being in the Hunger Games. Especially if only one of them could survive! Scary!!!
I'm such a mom!!

So - who do you think would be awesome in the Hunger Games?

If you want to find out what the other carni's think, check the links below.

And don't forget to check out the latest news on the YA Indie Carnival site.







2 comments:

  1. Fabulous choices! I love the Hunger Games! I am going to see it tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo - I hope you enjoy it!! I can't wait to get to it :) Let me know what you think.

      Delete