Saturday, March 31, 2012

So Many Things To Tell You!!

Welcome to the April addition of So Many Things To Tell You!! Yes, in NZ it's April already. I can't believe how fast this year is going!

Anyway, March was such a fantastic month, in fact so much has been happening, it's almost ridiculous :) Here are some of the awesome things I got to celebrate...


- Golden Blood was released in paperback

- I have been to visit several schools in the area where I met the wonderful librarians and got to chat to a few kids. It's been so fun talking about the trilogy and personally selling books to the kids. They are so enthusiastic about it all and always ask the best questions

- Julie from A Tale of Many Reviews hosted a stupendous blog tour for me. THANK YOU, JULIE!!!! I had so many excellent reviews come in from the bloggers involved and there are no words to describe how good it feels to know people are enjoying the books. There are still opportunities to win copies of Golden Blood if you want to check out the tour schedule. I feel very honoured to be featured on these awesome blogs... they are worth checking out. Golden Blood Tour Schedule

- I ran a giveaway for Golden Blood on Goodreads and the two winners were announced last night. Congratulations Arielle from NZ and Colena from TN, USA. I'm so glad you guys won and I really hope you enjoy the book

- Goodreads has been ticking along with more and more people adding Golden Blood to their reading list. It's so exciting for me. I really, really, REALLY hope people enjoy the book(s) :)

- Black Blood and Pure Blood also won Top Choice Awards on Flamingnet.com, which is a very cool site that lets teens review the books that are written for them.

- And the last thing I'll mention from the month is that Brenda and I have handed out Forbidden Territory to our beta readers and so far, we are getting excellent feedback. We should have all the feedback in within the next couple of weeks and then we can do our final tweaks and edits and get on with marketing. Exciting!!

So - after such an amazing month, what does April hold for me?

- Black Blood is released in paperback TODAY, which means the first two books in the trilogy are now available on Amazon in paperback!! (Digitally, all three books are available through Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Smashwords and all the distributors affiliated with them - Barnes & Noble, Sony, Diesel, Apple, Kobo & Baker-Taylor)

- I will be running a Black Blood Giveaway on Goodreads this month - keep an eye out for it :)

- Brenda and I are editors for a YA Paranormal and Contempory Romance Sampler that is coming out this month. It is packed full of awesome excerpts from nine great writers whose work has either just been released or is due out this year. The best part about it, is it's going to be absolutely FREE!!

- The school holidays are coming to town in NZ so I will be having a small break in early April, but when I get back, I'll be back to visiting schools - I have talks lined up at three local high schools, so I'm looking forward to meeting some older kids as well.

- And the last thing I'll mention - I am involved in the Easter Bunny Book Hop being hosted by Books4Tomorrow and TattleTale. It is a very cool event running from 5th - 30th April. There are SO many prizes being given away, so keep an eye out for it. Should be super fun :)


I think that's everything for now. I'm sure I'll think of more stuff as April rolls around. Thank you so much to everyone who has followed me on Twitter, liked my FB page and followed my blog this month. I so appreciate your support and interest.

I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC April. I'd LOVE to hear some updates from your writing and reading life


2 comments:

  1. Wow. Sounds like you had an awesome month in March. I hope April goes just as well! I absolutely loved Golden Blood. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)

      I feel very blessed after such an amazing March. I too hope that April is just as good, if not better ;)

      Delete