Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's Time To Find The Sunshine

I hurt my back yesterday, I mean really hurt my back. I stupidly picked up something really heavy and felt something ping, then promptly passed out for a few seconds. Awesome.

I am now wobbling around and wincing whenever I move in the wrong direction. It's so not fun :(

Anyway as I groaned my way into bed last night, I picked up my little "Thought For The Day" book and it was talking about gratitude, that even when things suck, there is always something to be grateful for. As tempted as I was to fling the book across the room, I did take a moment to count my blessings and it totally worked. I did feel better.

So as I sit here this morning in relative discomfort, I have decided to find the sunshine. Here are just a few things I'm grateful for in my writing life...

1. Even though my back hurts, my hands are still working, so I can still sit at my computer and type

2. I am currently involved with a very cool blog tour, which is putting my trilogy out there

3. The Time Spirit Trilogy is getting great reviews, people are enjoying it and spreading the word

That's the one I want to focus on. People are enjoying the books. That was the reason I decided to put my work out there, so people could have a fun-filled, exciting read and they are.

So that is my sunshine today.

What's yours?

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Gratitude is the answer. Why do I forget this so easily?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, sometimes it's a real effort, so it's easy to forget. It's worth it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, so sorry to hear about your back! I hope you are feeling a lot better now and congrats on your trilogy and tour! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laura :) Back is slowly coming right. These things always take time :)

      Delete
  4. I love your sunshine pictures and you intrigue me. A story teller and you have already published a book. Congratulions. I am not so ambitious, but I love blogging too ... sharing my day to day in photography. Come see me some time.

    Andrea @ From The Sol
    http://wwwfromthesol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Andrea. I will definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete