Friday, February 3, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - To Trailer or not to Trailer

YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts, hopes and dreams about what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.


To trailer or not to trailer, that is the question.


Personally, I LOVE book trailers, especially if they're done well. They can stir up emotion, get you into the feel of the story, make you lust after the words that created these awesome images on screen.


On several occasions I have added a book to my reading list after seeing a book trailer. I think they are worth taking the time to produce.


I have made two so far, one for Golden Blood and one for Black Blood. I'll share them with you in this post. I'm quite proud of them actually and think they portray the two books well.


So - what does a book trailer need to make it awesome?
In my opinion, it needs to be short and sweet, with emotion stirring music, images that capture the tone and mood of the story, and words that will entice the viewer. As I said before, you want to spark people into thinking, "Man, I so have to read this book!"


Hopefully my two trailers will do just that :)



What are your thoughts on book trailers?
Are you a fan or not?


Don't forget to check out the latest news on the YA Indie Carnival site.

Also, check out what the other carni's have to say...

4 comments:

  1. That's good to hear! One of my blogger buddies recently posted my trailer with a few others he though were excellent and almost everyone said in the comments they don't watch them or hate them.
    If they are well done, I enjoy them, and I'm very thankful my publisher worked so hard on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been a let down. I think book trailers are awesome... but I am a movie trailer junkie too, so I guess it makes sense :)

      Delete
  2. I am a fan of book trailers!! Love them. It gives a potential reader more insight to the book. You did a great job on both of yours. I was seriously glued to the screen waiting to read the next line. Great tension. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal. I'm so glad you enjoyed them :)

      Delete