Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Versatile Blog Award

I remember reading on a blog once, that they didn't have time for blog awards. I totally respect that. As fun as they are to receive, they do take time to pass on.

I've received three recently and it has been so cool. I have decided that over the next few weeks, I will pass them on and here are my reasons why...

- Life is worth celebrating, even the small things should be recognized
- As I posted late last year, we need to support each other and "Do Unto Authors"
- It is a great opportunity to give a little promo to other great blogs out there
- Even if the recipient chooses not to pass it on, hopefully you have given them a reason to smile

So, without further ado, I'd like to pass on my first blog award of 2012.

The beautiful Crystal Licata passed on The Versatile Blog Award to me. She has a very funky and entertaining little blog and always leaves the best comments on mine. You're awesome, Crystal!


Okay - so now I have to list five things about myself.



I love Nutella so much I eat it by the teaspoonful... ergo, we never have it in the house.


The first movie I remember seeing at the movies was Return of the Jedi. I can still remember it so clearly. You gotta love those Ewoks :)


I really don't enjoy running, but my best friend and I forced ourselves to do the Auckland Half Marathon. It was awesome. I won't tell you my time :)


My husband and I spent nine months living in a Chevy Van, travelling around North America. We named him Dan the Van. Such a cool ride.


I've always wanted to live in a log cabin in the mountains. Hopefully it will happen one day.



So - that's me. Now to pass this lovely little award on.
As you can imagine, with so many awesome blogs out there, it was hard to choose.

But, I would like to pass this award onto...

Parchment Place. Leigh K. Hunt has a fantastic blog, beautifully designed and well written. Her latest post on Cover Design was SO good.

Stephanie Scott. I love Stephanie's posts. They are interesting and always entertaining.

Writability. This is an awesome blog filled with interesting topics and great posts.

TG Ayer. I love this blog and read every post on it. Ms Ayer has a book coming out this month, Dead Radiance. Make sure you keep your eyes out for it. SO exciting!!

Kim Koning. This is another blog where I never miss a post. Kim writes with intelligence and class. I always learn something.

I'm so pleased to be able to share the love and give you guys a thumbs up. Thank you so much for your great blogs.

Have you given out or received any awards lately?
How do you feel about blog awards?

8 comments:

  1. Firstly, congratulations on receiving the award! That's really fantastic. Second--thanks so much for passing it along to me! I really appreciate the thought. :)

    Also, I too eat Nutella by the spoonful. Don't tell anyone. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're now the 4th person I know who's in love with Nutella. We could almost get a fan club going :) A secret one, of course!

      Delete
  2. Thanks!

    So, you lived in a van for 9 months? I think I could make it 9 days! But the travel aspect sounds like such a great experience. I've been a lot of palces but there are still entire regions of my country I've never been to, like the Pacific Northwest. I'd love to see Portland, the Oregon coast and Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Oregon coast is SOOOOO beautiful and the national parks in Washington were stunning! We were there in the fall. SO gorgeous.

      Delete
  3. You deserved it Melissa! You are a dedicated writer and support the writing community. I'm jealous you lived in a van and traveled around. For some reason, my husband and I always talk about how fun that would be :) I did live in a log cabin in the mountains when I was younger. I lived in a little mountain town in Southern California called Wrightwood. I went to High School there. Awe...memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet. Thanks - you've just made my day :)
      So jealous of your log cabin. That sounds amazing!! If I never get one, I'll just have to give one of my characters one. I can base them on you :)

      Delete
  4. Aww Mel! That's so lovely of you, thank you! <3 <3 <3
    I have a Nutella secret too (and lets keep this between you and me ok) Nutella on hot toast! Love the way it melts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUM!!!! That sounds SO good. Now I'm going to have to try it! Maybe I can get my hubby to buy me a jar for Valentine's Day. Now that's romantic :)

      Delete