Saturday, February 18, 2012

Celebrate The Good Times

Being a writer is like living on a roller coaster. You go from highs to lows. Your emotions are twisted and cork screwed until you feel completely wrung out. Some days you live on a high, other days you have to struggle through a low. It can take the smallest thing to swing things too - one great review, one bad review, a small burst of sales, a dry patch. Doubts can jump on you without warning, which is why it is important to celebrate the good times.

I have had a fantastic week. So many good things have happened and I really wanted to tell you about them. Please don't think I am boasting in anyway by sharing this stuff with you. I am simply doing a happy dance and wanted to include you guys... and encourage every writer out there to celebrate the little things. Life is too short to do anything else.

So - why has my week been so great?

1. Pure Blood was released on Thursday. The Time Spirit Trilogy is now complete and it feels so good. I also just received my first review - 5 stars. A good start :)


2. I have had two fantastic interviews on two amazing blogs.

Dragonfly Scrolls

Parchment Place

These girls are great writers and their questions were so much fun to answer.

3. Golden Blood and Black Blood made first and second place on the Best YA Romance list on Goodreads. I've never been 1st on anything before and it was such a buzz to see my books up there.


4. I was invited to join Triberr, which seems like an awesome new initiative that is set up to help bloggers reach a wider audience. It does take a while to get your head around how it works, but there is plenty of help out there. I think the benefits will be worth it.

5. The lovely Natalie Kroll shared a great article from Goodreads about how to reach a wider audience and the best way to get your book added to people's reading lists.

So - what am I really celebrating?

I have a bunch of supportive friends/readers who want to seem me do well and are doing their best to help promote my work.
I have written books that people seem to be enjoying.
I am learning new things everyday and slowly, but surely, I am going to get there.

Do you have anything to celebrate this week?
I'd love to hear your news :)

6 comments:

  1. It HAS been a great week for you!
    I think that a solid support system is absolutely crucial as well - and you definitely have a good wee one.
    Well done on the release.. the interviews.. and the ranking. It's a super duper awesome start for this trilogy.
    All my love :-) Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This certainly makes for a fantastic week! Congratulations! And what a wonderful feeling it must be to have the trilogy complete! Gives me goosebumps!

    Also - I am excited to be part of your tribe! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to have you on board, Leigh. So excited :)

      Delete
  3. I'm joining you in your happy dance :-)

    ReplyDelete