Monday, January 2, 2012

YA Indie Carnival - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



YA writers and bloggers unite each week to share their thoughts, hopes and dreams about what it's like going indie in today's publishing world.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


Okay - so I'm a little late, sorry about that. I've only just got back from the beach. I suppose you all expect me to have a luscious tan, but no no, I live in New Zealand and we were blessed with day after day of rain. I'm not going to complain though, I still got to spend time with my awesome family, play cards and board games, sit around chatting, lie on the couch reading, and watch my boys interact with aunt and uncle, and grandparents. It warms the heart :)


It was a great way to round off a very challenging, but exciting year.
So - what great things did 2011 bring?

- A gorgeous baby boy, and little brother, for my first son

- The completion of a trilogy I had been working on for three years

- The publishing of the first two books of the trilogy

- Some great reviews

- A ton of lessons learned about self-publishing

- A bunch of new twitter and blog followers and some FANTASTIC connections made within the writing world


And what great things await me in 2012?

- The final book of the Time Spirit Trilogy, Pure Blood, will be released (February 2012)

- The paper back copies of each book will be released (March, April & May)

- The final edits and release of my first co-authored book - title still to be decided on (we have a list and we just can't choose!!!)

- The completion of my first stand alone novel, Betwixt (hopefully published by the end of the year, but am not promising anything, because I refuse to put a book online until it is as close to perfect as I can get it!)

- As well as all that awesomeness there is a very strong possibility that I will be moving overseas! My husband is applying for jobs at international schools. We are attending a Job Fair in Sydney over the next three days. Who knows where we will end up. A very exciting and scary prospect!! Just as long as we're somewhere in the world where I can get on line, I'll be okay :)

What does 2012 hold for you?

Find out what the other Carnival goers are up to here...








2 comments:

  1. That's fabulous my friend. I am sure you will be an awesome success in 2012. And boy do you have your goals lined up! I know you can do it too! xx Tee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweetie. Can't wait to see you hit the world with your book too. It's going to be a great year :)

    ReplyDelete