Thursday, November 17, 2011

YA Indie Carnival - Popularity of YA Fantasy


I've just joined the YA Indie Carnival. This is a place where writers and bloggers come together each week to share their thoughts on a topic. So come join us and see what we have to say :)


Today's topic is the popularity of YA fantasy.

What is it about YA fantasy that really gets us excited?

I can only speak for myself, of course, but there is something about the magic of it all. It's so far from reality, yet the people inside these worlds still deal with real, human emotions. It is so easy to connect with them, in spite of the foreign world they play in.

I often say, there is nothing better than stepping out of reality for a while and losing yourself in another world. I love getting caught up in amazing stories with characters I'd never normally meet and situations I'd never encounter. It's exciting.

My heart begins to hammer, my muscles grow taut as I live out perilous situations with my characters, wondering if they'll make it out alive. My mind is awed by the amazing places they travel to, the awesome creatures they encounter, the super natural things they can do. My emotions take a roller coaster ride of epic proportions and I usually finish the book with a huge smile on my face. What a trip.

So, maybe that's why YA fantasy is so enticing. Maybe that's why people are drawn to it.

What do you think?

Find out what other carnival goers have to say: http://yaauthorclub.blogspot.com/

I hope everyone heads into a fantastic weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Great post! It's so true; a lot of people enjoy a reality break for a while. I know I do. I think I like (and write) more fantasy light, but I need the escapism. I'm a new follower now too. Nice to meet you, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to meet you, Kelley. It's so great making new connections :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting wrapped up in the story too. Nice post and welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bryna, It's very cool to join :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading but must admit that I've never really read much fantasy.
    Nice to meet you *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you too, Mish. Thanks for joining me :)

    ReplyDelete