Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bring on the blogging!

For those of you who don't already know, I've just launched a new blog called YAlicious. I wanted to set up a blog to celebrate YA fiction. I have a whole bunch of fun ideas (my list of possible posts is getting ridiculously long!) I'm starting tomorrow with Friday Favorites!

Anyway - it got me thinking.
What do you look for in a blog?

Personally, I like a blog that is eye-catching, organized and not over crowded. I like blog posts to be relatively short and sweet and I always appreciate a picture. I like to read posts that get a good discussion going, that teach me something, or reminder of why I am crazy enough to want to be a writer :) I like to see how popular a blog is. I like gadgets that tell me a little more about the blogger and their interests. I'm not too fussed on regularity, but I think a blogger should try to be posting at least once a week, if not twice.

Those are the main things I look for, but I'm aware that everyone has different tastes. I'd love to find out some of yours :)

3 comments:

  1. So you'll post here and YAlicious? Hm, twice the treat for us bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I'm looking forward to doing both. I'm trying to make YAlicious really teen and YA reader focussed while keeping this one more for writing. Should be lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to be entertained and/or educated. As long as a blog does at least one of those things then I'm happy :-)

    ReplyDelete