Sunday, October 9, 2011

Time to relax

I'm going away tomorrow for a week at the beach with my family.
There will be no internet access and at first I was disappointed, but then I got to thinking...

I find it so easy to let writing consume me. Because I promised to put my family first, I only get limited times to work on my writing. Whenever I have a spare moment I want to rush to my computer and work my precious time away.
Unfortunately this is not always healthy. I love to write. I want to spend the rest of my life doing it. But if that is my goal, I need to learn how to balance my life. If I don't, I could easily burn out when I still have plenty of stories left in me.

I have started doing a short yoga session each day to get my muscles buzzing and my head clear.
Even though I am one of the most inflexible people in the world :), I am managing to give the exercises a fair go and am feeling better for it.

This break away will do my mind and body good too, so I am looking forward to it. It will be a great chance to bury myself in a book or two.

What do you do to find balance in your life?
How do you fit in all the things you want to without going insane?

No comments:

Post a Comment