Friday, October 14, 2011

Inspire Me

In a bid to improve my writing, I have been trying to read as much as I can. Not only educational books, but lots of fiction... the type of fiction I want to write.

My explorations have led me to some great books. Any time someone blogs about an author or mentions a good book they've read, I hunt it down and try to read it too. It's been so good for me. As a child, I was always very selective about what I read. I found an author I liked and stuck with them. I have to say, it's been hard to break out of that thinking... to spend time giving unknown authors a go, when time always seems so limited.

I have so enjoyed this process and thought I might ask everyone out there for one good book they've read and loved.
Just tell me what it's called, who wrote it and why you loved it so much.


Since you're sharing with me, I'll share with you...

Kissed By An Angel trilogy by Elizabeth Chandler. A great trilogy filled with romance and suspense. When Ivy's boyfriend, Tristan, dies she is devastated, but then she finds out he is her guardian angel. The story takes a turn for the worse when Tristan realizes that the "accident" that killed him was actually meant for Ivy and he is being kept on earth to save her life.

I found this trilogy impossible to put down. If you're into a tense romance, give it a go :)


It's fun to be inspired. It's good for me to read books that make me want to write... and it makes me a better writer to read screeds of books and pick out what grabbed me, what didn't and what elements I could put into my writing to make it better.

Thanks for your help people.

I hope you have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment