Sunday, October 2, 2011

Die For Me

I just finished reading a great book by Amy Plum - Die For Me.

The first thing I liked about it was the awesome cover. Totally stunning with a great byline - "Would you risk your life for love?"

The story is about an orphaned girl who is sent to Paris to live with her grandparents. While she is struggling to come to terms the loss of her parents, she mets a mysterious boy who brings her back to life. Of course a story can never be that easy and as she gets to know this boy she realises that things are not as they seem. This boy is no normal human and she must decide if she's willing to risk her heart on a relationship that might have no chance of survival.

This book definitely has the "hard to put down" factor. I read it in two sessions. It is written in the first person, making it easy to connect with the lead character, Kate. She also falls in love with a very, gorgeous Vincent, who is easy to fall for. He's sexy, charming, intelligent and his family is really cool. He also has that old school romantic thing going on. Chivalry is not lost in this book. Yay for a little old fashioned romance.

I know the writing is also great, because it didn't pull me away from the story. In fact, I didn't notice it at all.

If you like romantic books with a few passionate kisses, lots of action and danger lurking around every corner, then you'll enjoy this book.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds pretty interesting, thanks for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book. I'll have to check it out!!

    Loving the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of this book. I'll have to check it out!

    Just found your blog through a friend's. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you too, Shelley. Your blog looks great :)

    I love meeting new people :)

    ReplyDelete