Monday, August 30, 2010

Book Review

Just finished "Writing Great Books for Young Adults" by Regina Brooks.

It was fantastic. Loved the way it was set out. It was really easy to follow with heaps of great advice. I'm getting to that point now where the books I'm reading on how to write well are starting to cross over. The same messages are coming through again and again. I think this is great. It narrows down the spectrum of what I have to learn :)

Ms. Brooks highlights areas of particular note for young adult readers. She has a firm grasp on what interests them and how they can spot a fake.

If you're writing for a YA audience, I can highly recommend this book.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic writing week. I am just waiting to hear back from my critique people then I have one week to make changes and send off my manuscript. EXCITING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment