Sunday, July 18, 2010

Overwhelmed

Well, I had a fantastic holiday in Australia. The sun was shining, the weather was warm enough for my son to spend hours splashing in the waves and apart from the 5.30 wake up calls each morning (thank you jet lag!!) the trip was a great success.

I have returned home to a plethora of e-mails and a ridiculous list of blogs I wanted to catch up on. I have just finished reading most of them and I am left feeling overwhelmed. I know it's probably silly to feel this way, but reading so much advice all in one hit makes me realize how far I have to go! I am having one of those moments where I feel like I'm never going to make it.

HOWEVER - I finished my blog reading with this: http://meganrebekahblogs.blogspot.com/ and it's helped put things in perspective.

I love writing. No matter what happens in the future, I'm going to write because it makes my day better, it excites me and helps me through those tough times when reality sucks. Whether or not I get published doesn't matter.

Of course I am going to work really hard at achieving my goal of getting published. I am going to keep learning, improving and making my writing the best it can be. Hopefully my perseverance will one day be rewarded, but if it never is... THAT'S OKAY.
Nothing can stop me from writing.

All this advice I have absorbed throughout my reading session has been great. One particular post that I collected off Nathan Bransford blog was particularly cool. Here's the link.... http://janetfitchwrites.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/10-writing-tips-that-can-help-anyone/

So - for all of you out there who are having a day like me - DON'T GIVE UP. Enjoy the process :)

I hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel silly, all of us get overwhelmed with our blog rolls and how much advice is thrown out us, whether the advice rocks or not!!! Megans blog rocks so I'm glad you got some great advice from her!!!

    I appreciate the advice though and I'll need it this afternoon when I dive back into the revision process!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete