Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Follow up to previous blog

The last blog I posted was written in a moment of frustration when my story wasn't gelling. I had to ask myself the question: "Is this total crap or do I have something?"
My answer remains the same: "Yes, I think I have something, but it still needs a lot of work!"

My story line frustrations have been stewing in my brain for the last few days and I am pleased to say that I am finally dragging myself out of the fog.
I think I have found my solution. Thomas B. Sawyer writes in his book, "Demystifying Fiction" that every scene has to have conflict. I realized that the act two of my manuscript is lacking. Different scenarios flickered through my brain and before I knew it I had solved my dilemma with two conflictual scenes that will build tension, move the story forward and add the conflict the readers all crave.

My goal is to write them tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to sit back at the end of the day with a sense of satisfaction :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :)
    Yesterday's session was awesome. Got through so much. Today I am working on restructuring the scenes. I want to try and create a domino effect where the tension builds and builds throughout Act 2 until there's no way to avoid the inevitable.

    Man, I love writing! It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete