Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm going to a conference! I'm going to a conference!

It's my first one! Can you tell how excited I am?!!!!!

It's the NZ Romance Writers Conference, being held in Auckland at the end of August.
Unfortunately my manuscript won't be ready for pitching, BUT there are so many cool workshops and seminars to attend. Christopher Vogler, whose book I've just finished reading, is going to be one of the main speakers - super cool.

I always read other people's blogs and see what amazing experiences they've had at conferences and now I'm getting a chance. My hope is to learn as much as I can and make a few connections along the way. There will be agents and editors there from the States, which is where I'm hoping to one day be published.

I'll write a review in August after I've been :)

SIDEBAR...

I was lucky enough to win one of Megan's prizes. I am so stoked. It's a full manuscript critique!! Buzzing! Now I just need to hurry up and get my manuscript done.
Once again - time is becoming an issue. Work can be such a pain! Earning money is so overrated :)
In saying that, without I couldn't go to this conference - so YAY for substitute teaching!

Hope everyone has a fab week.

2 comments:

  1. A conference! How exciting! I really want to go to a conference, except I have no money. I don't have a job and I'm a full-time student. Plus, my BIG THING this year is going to Orlando to do all the touristy stuff. Next year? I'm aiming for a writer's conference and (hopefully) comic con!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa,

    Yay for Orlando!
    My husband and I travelled around the States for 9 months back in 2006. The ultimate road trip. We spent nearly a month in Florida. You gotta love that State.

    Hope you get there and have a total blast.

    ReplyDelete