Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Big Rewrite

Having received feedback from a number of people and also having read a number of excellent books on story structure and character profiling, I have decided to rewrite the first book of my trilogy. I'm still trying to decide whether to rewrite without referring to the old version or whether to still paste in some of the scenes I really liked.

I'm surprised by how un-freaked out I am. I'm really looking forward to it actually. If it makes the book better - bring it on!
I'm interested though - I'm assuming others have been in this position. How did you find having to rewrite hours of work? Did you refer back to your old stuff?

Hopefully this will all be worth the effort. Either way it will be fun to hang out with these characters again.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment