Monday, February 8, 2010

I WON!!!

Call my ridiculously slow, but I just realized today that I should have made this post ages ago. I guess I didn't want to show off, but this is a writing blog and I should be willing to share.
I won the Manukau Libraries Short Story Competition! I totally didn't expect to and nearly didn't send a story in, but knew I'd regret my laziness later.
The competition was to write a prequel or sequel to a short story that was written in the late 80s called, "The Watermelon."

I wrote a sequel. Now short stories aren't really my forte and I ended up deleting most of my first draft and starting again, but here is the finished version.
All the finalist entries have been published on the website. Here is the link.
I hope you like it :)

http://www.manukau-libraries.govt.nz/EN/News/Pages/'Watermelon'shortstorycompetition.aspx

(It's listed on the right side of the page.)


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    And by the way: You should never feel shy about telling the world that you won a competition.
    When a football team wins a tournament, the players kiss the trophy and lift it up so that everyone can share their moment of glory.

    ReplyDelete