Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Let It Begin

Learning the ropes of the writing world is a fascinating and daunting task. My dream of one day being published burns bright as I climb this steep hill.
In my enthusiasm to make this dream a reality I have made a few errors that I want to share in the hope that others will not make the same mistakes. Just a few tips from a very junior member of this profession...
1. Slow down - take the time that's needed to make your work shine.
2. Research, research, research - read blogs from other writers, read books designed to help you, chat to people in the business. Nathan Bransford's blog is FULL of awesome info to really help us "newbies" out.
3. Don't give up.
I am currently unpublished and in search of an agent. I have written several manuscripts now, two of which I think are ready to go. I will continue to put myself out there and learn what I can along the way.
I encourage everyone out there with the desire and follow through to finish a novel. I know how hard it is :) Keep putting yourself out there... the right way... you never know what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment